3.24.2009

Sunrises


I'm one of those people who rarely has a chance to watch the sunrise. I'm not what you'd call a "morning person" by any stretch of the word... it takes a small army to wake my butt up in the morning and get me moving (or my mother ringing my doorbell thirty seven times. But she's an army unto herself. So it's not a totally moot point). On those rare occasions when I do have an opportunity to see the sun come up, I'm usually on my way to work, too busy paying attention to the road to watch the sun start to peek out over the trees. Or I've pulled an all nighter, and I'm more interested in finally hitting the sack than watching the sun shine through my blinds. Needless to say, I'm more of a "watch the sunset" kind of gal.

Last summer though, my family and I journeyed through the wilds of British Columbia (well, it was wilder than anywhere I'd ever been anyway), traveling through the mountains to the coast. And there, I witnessed some of the most stunning sunrises I'd ever seen. The sun cutting through the morning fogs and mists was the closest I've ever come to witnessing real magic.

This morning I went through some older pictures saved on my computer, and ran across several snapshots off the docks where we were camped out. And of course, since I've recently become obsessed with Picnik and every other photo editing and manipulating site out there, I decided to play around with one of them. I'm tempted to get this one printed and hang it on one of my walls.

Happy Tuesday
xo

1 comment:

My name is Andrea said...

Hey! I'm from British Columbia, and wild is definitely what you'd call it! People have gone missing hiking in the mountains and still had a view of downtown Vancouver... I'm glad you enjoyed some sunrises... me... not so much, I'm like you- NOT a morning person!