4.23.2009

Beadgasm


I'm so glad that I've managed to stay out of my creative rut. Even though I've been crazy busy this whole week, new ideas keep running through my head, and I keep finding different beads and components online that I simply must have. The necklace above has been a work in progress for months and months. It all started with the circle.

See, awhile ago I decided that I probably should never be trusted with a torch. I'm quite the klutz, and trusting me at all near an open flame is probably not a good idea. So, soldering is quite out of the question (not to mention, it was more costly than I had the money for at the time). But I still wanted to work with metal and make cool stuff, and I ended up making several of these nifty little circles. And then I had no idea what to do with any of them. There they sat, abandoned and alone for months on end, with me having no creative ideas whatsoever. But then I bought these Czech faceted glass beads, and the colors are so fabulous I needed something simple to offset them. Thus, "Cecilia" was born. And I love this piece so much, I'm definitely wanting to create this one in several different color patterns.

xox.

3 comments:

T.Allen said...

It's very pretty. I too am ambivalent about the torch. The upside is you'll dig deeper for design where you're lacking in technique. I'm sure this'll be a hit!

Jennifer said...

This is gorgeous! Absolutely awesome. I mentioned you in my blog post (still working on it) because your baners inspired me to make a new one for my art shop :)

Lisa said...

Love it!